Return to the BUILD
“Fit the bottom half of the muffler and the tailpipe trim.”
- 99A – Muffler Bottom
- 99B – Tailpipe Trim
Materials: These parts are both plastic.
Magazine – Issue 26
- Assembly Guide: Model Instructions
- Track Legends: Mercedes SLS AMG, Audi Quattro, Ford GT 40
- The Story of Motorsports: Indycar, Mercedes-Benz in Competition
- Ace Racers: Jackie Stewart
- Challenging Circuits: Targa Florio
Retrieve your 300 SL and carefully turn it upside down on a soft cloth. Press the two posts of the Muffler Bottom into the matching holes of the Muffler Top, as shown:
Press the narrowest end of the Tailpipe Trim into the open end of the Exhaust Tailpipe, as shown:
Using a small tool, press the Tailpipe Trim farther into Exhaust Tailpipe until it cannot be seen, hiding the screw inside the pipe:
As the penultimate phase of the build, there was only some finishing touches to add to the exhaust system. Only one phase to go!
Phase 100 – Engine: Compressor Left/Right Halfs, Compressor Air Duct, Support Blocks