Return to the BUILD
“Install the air vent grille, the windshield wipers, and the side mirror to the main body shell.”
- 75A – Windshield Air Vent Grille
- 75B – Left Windshield Wiper
- 75C – Right Windshield Wiper
- 75D – Side Mirror
- 2x EP screws (+1 spare)
- 3x HP screws (+1 spare)
Materials: All of these parts are plastic.
Magazine – Issue 20
- Assembly Guide: Model Instructions
- Track Legends: Ferrari 458, Jaguar XJ220, Morgan Plus 8
- The Story of Motorsports: The Quarter-Mile, Ferrari in Competition 1969-1988
- Ace Racers: Richard Petty
- Challenging Circuits: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The Air Vent Grille, Wipers, and Side Mirror
Retrieve your Body assembly from the previous phase. Fit the Windshield Air Vent Grille into the Main Body Shell at this location at the bottom of the Front Windshield, as shown:
Secure this in place from below with two (2) HP screws:
Fit the Left Windshield Wiper (with the shorter blade) and the Right Windshield Wiper to the matching holes below the Front Windshield, as shown:
Secure these into place from below with two (2) EP screws, one for each wiper:
Fit the Side Mirror to the matching recess on the left front fender and secure from below with one (1) HP screw.
I waited on installing this Side Mirror until Phase 91. We are not done turning the Body assembly upside down and I did not want to risk damaging it.
This phase was about adding external details to the body and went by quickly!
Phase 76 – Body: Fender Grilles, Grille Trims