Return to the BUILD
“Fit the left door inner panel, with its pre-fitted window lock, grab handle, and door locking mechanism.”
- 59A – Left Door Inner Panel
Materials: The Left Door Inner Panel here is plastic.
Magazine – Issue 16
- Assembly Guide: Model Instructions
- Track Legends: Renault Alpine A310, Ferrari 365 Daytona, Maserati Merak
- The Story of Motorsports: The 3-Liter Formula, Aerodynamics
- Ace Racers: Alberto Ascari
- Challenging Circuits: The Vanderbilt Cup
The Left Door Inner Panel
Retrieve your Left Door from the previous phase. Fit the two tabs at the top of the Left Door Inner Panel into the two matching slots of the Left Door Headliner, as shown:
Secure the Left Door Inner Panel to the Left Door with six (6) JM screws, 3 on each end, as shown.
You may have to angle these screws a little to get them started. They will straighten up when fully tightened. This is also your friendly reminder to try using 3-in-One Oil on all screws going into metal:
Having all the detail bits pre-installed on this inner panel is both nice and disappointing. While we don’t have to fiddle with small parts, we also lost a few things to assemble. Still, I think they look fantastic!
Phase 60 – Body: Right Door